By Christie Vanover | Published August 30, 2022 | Last Updated September 1, 2022
The secret to crispy chicken wings
There are many methods to get crispy chicken wings. Some involve dusting your wings with baking powder and letting them dry in the fridge overnight.
Another common method is to fry them in a vat of oil.
This recipe is great, because it’s not only quick, but it uses very little oil, because the wings are air-fried in a Ninja Grill.
You can use any of the Ninja Grill models, including the Woodfire Outdoor Grill. All you have to do is set the grill to the Air Crisp setting.
This setting uses convection technology, which circulates hot air around the wings. This technology allows the meat to stay juicy while crisping up the skin.
This recipe only uses 3 ingredients.
How to cook crispy chicken wings in a Ninja Grill
- STEP ONE: Rub your wings with oil and sprinkle your favorite poultry seasoning on all sides. Refrigerate uncovered while heating the grill.
- STEP TWO: Set your Ninja Grill to Air Crisp with a temperature of 390F degrees and a time of 30 minutes. Grill for 10 minutes. Flip. Grill for 10 more minutes. Flip again.
- STEP THREE: Increase the grill temperature to 450F degrees and grill for 5 more minutes.
NINJA PRO TIP: Increasing the temperature to 450F degrees is the secret to creating super crispy skin.
How to serve crispy wings
You can serve crispy wings just like any other wings – with your favorite dipping sauce like ranch or blue cheese dressing and some fresh carrots and celery.
While you can save the crispy chicken wings cooked in a Ninja Grill for 3-5 days in the refrigerator, they will lose their crispiness. It’s best to eat them right away.
If you do have some leftover, you can reheat them in the Ninja Grill or in a microwave.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your wings will take about 25 minutes to cook. Set the Ninja Grill to air crisp at a temp of 390F degrees and grill for 10 minutes per side. Then, increase the temperature to 450F degrees and cook for 5 more minutes.
By cranking the heat on the Ninja Grill at the end, the meat will be tender and cooked through and the skin will be crispy.
Yes. If you want to sauce your wings, cook them according to the recipe and then toss them in your favorite sauce. They won’t be as crispy, but they’ll still be delicious.
More chicken wing recipes
Crispy Chicken Wings in a Ninja Grill
- 2 lbs whole chicken wings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp poultry rub
- Season: Drizzle olive oil all over the wings. Then, season with your favorite poultry seasoning. Refrigerate uncovered while you heat the grill.
- Heat Grill: Heat the Ninja Grill to air crisp, 390F degrees. Set the time for 30 minutes.
- Grill: Add the wings to the grill. Cook for 10 minutes. Flip. Cook for 10 more minutes. Flip again.
- Crisp: Increase the grill temperature to 150F degrees, and cook for 5 more minutes. Serve immediately.