This post may contain affiliate links which help support Girls Can Grill.
This fun chicken wing recipe combines everyone’s favorite party food with crispy bacon. Who doesn’t love a platter of crispy chicken wings on game days?
This chicken wings recipe is super simple with just three ingredients: chicken, bacon and your favorite poultry seasoning.
You can even wrap the wings in advance and throw them on the grill just before the party gets started. After trying these, you may never go back to naked chicken wings again.
How to cook bacon-wrapped chicken wings
Heat your grill to 350F degrees with an indirect heat zone. Using an indirect zone is important to avoid flareups.
- STEP ONE: Prep the wings by slicing off the tips of the wings, so you’re left with the flap and drummette. Use a sharp knife to cut the skin inside of the wing joint. This will help the wing open up.
- STEP TWO: Sprinkle the wings all over with your favorite barbecue dry rub or poultry seasoning.
- STEP THREE: Wrap each wing with one slice of bacon. Start at one end and wrap all the way around. The wing won’t be fully covered. Secure both ends with a toothpick, so the bacon doesn’t shrink.
- STEP FOUR: Place the bacon-wrapped wings on a pre-heated 350F-degree grill over indirect heat for about 30 minutes. Flip. Grill for another 30 minutes. Flip and grill for another 15 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the internal temperature of the chicken is at least 165F degrees.
How to serve bacon wrapped chicken wings
If you like your wings saucy, you can brush a little barbecue sauce on right at the end. If you want to turn them into bacon-wrapped buffalo wings, remove them from the grill and toss them in buffalo sauce.
Or enjoy them plain. Serve on a platter with Blue Cheese Dip, ranch dressing and some celery and carrot sticks.
Bacon-wrapped chicken wings are best eaten right away. You can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. However, I recommend reheating them on a grill or in an air fryer. The bacon loses it’s crispness, if you use a microwave.
GCG Pro Pitmaster Tips
I apologize in advance for the quality of this video. I shot it back in the days when Periscope was cool, so it’s vertical…but you still get the idea of how to wrap and grill these wings.
More Chicken Wing Recipes
Want even more great grilling recipes and tips? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and TikTok for my latest grilling adventures. If you make a recipe, please leave a comment and rating below.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Wings
- 12 whole chicken wings
- 2 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 12 slices bacon
- Heat Grill: Heat your grill or smoker to 350F degrees with an indirect heat zone.
- Prep: Trim the tips off of the end of the wings and discard. Hold the wing like a V and slightly cut the skin at the joint, so the wing opens up wider.
- Season: Sprinkle the wings with poultry seasoning. Wrap each wing with a piece of bacon, securing with a toothpick at both ends.
- Smoke: Place over indirect heat on a 350-degree grill. Grill for 30 minutes. Flip, grill for another 30 minutes. Flip. Grill for another 15 minutes or until the bacon and chicken skin are crispy.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.