Last updated December 8, 2017
Disclosure: Barrel House Cooker sponsored this post.
Prepare a full meal of drippingly juicy smoked pork chops with sweet potatoes in about an hour on a Barrel House Cooker.
This recipe serves two. Feeding more? Double the recipe, and use the full grill grate in the middle section.
It’s okay if the pork chops drip onto the sweet potatoes while they’re cooking. In fact, it’s downright delicious.
Barrel House Cooker Smoked Pork Chops
- 2 pork chops bone-in
Italian Garlic Marinade
- 2 tsps white wine vinegar
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 sweet potatoes
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- In a small bowl, combine the marinade ingredients. Rub the marinade all over the chops. Let rest on the counter while you light the coals.
- Light the coals according to the manufacturer's instructions. Add the open frame to the center part of the barrel with a half grill grate. Add the H-frame to the top of the barrel.
- Wash potatoes. Pierce multiple times with a fork. Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place on the grate in the middle section.
- Insert one hook into each chop. Hang the chops in the barrel. Close the lid. Cook for about 1 hour or until the internal temperature of the pork equals 145 degrees.
- Remove the pork and potatoes from the cooker. Remove the hooks. Slice the potatoes open and serve with butter.