Last updated May 7, 2018
Add elegance to your party table with this bourbon-glazed salmon appetizer. Each serving is drizzled with an addictive glaze that is slightly sweet with a touch of heat.
This recipe creates about 50 servings. Increase or decrease the recipe as needed to serve your crowd. One pound of salmon yields about 25 servings. The glaze recipe is enough for two pounds of salmon.
You can also make this as an entrée by grilling the filets whole.
Bourbon-Glazed Salmon Appetizer
- 2 lb thick salmon filets
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 3 green onions sliced
- Cut salmon filets into 50 even cubes. Coat with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a veggie basket on the grill. Heat grill to high.
- Place the salmon skin side down in the veggie basket. Grill for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip. Grill for 3 more minutes. Drizzle with glaze (recipe below) and grill for 2 more minutes. Remove from grill.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a sauce pot.
- Sauté garlic and onions over medium heat for five minutes, until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Continue boiling until thickened and it coats the back of a spoon, about 15 minutes.