By Christie Vanover | Published December 10, 2016 | Last Updated February 16, 2023
This recipe creates about 50 servings. Increase or decrease the recipe as needed to serve your crowd. One pound of salmon yields about 25 servings. The glaze recipe is enough for two pounds of salmon.
You can also make this as an entrée by grilling the filets whole.
Bourbon-Glazed Salmon Appetizer
Add elegance to your party table with this bourbon-glazed salmon appetizer. Each serving is drizzled with an addictive glaze that is slightly sweet with a touch of heat.
- 2 lb thick salmon filets
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 3 green onions sliced
- Cut salmon filets into 50 even cubes. Coat with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a veggie basket on the grill. Heat grill to high.
- Place the salmon skin side down in the veggie basket. Grill for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip. Grill for 3 more minutes. Drizzle with glaze (recipe below) and grill for 2 more minutes. Remove from grill.
- Place the cubes on a platter or mini appetizer plate. Spoon on more glaze and sprinkle with green onions to garnish. Add a decorative toothpick.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a sauce pot.
- Sauté garlic and onions over medium heat for five minutes, until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Continue boiling until thickened and it coats the back of a spoon, about 15 minutes.
Calories: 71kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 3gFat: 2gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 202mgPotassium: 113mgSugar: 8gVitamin A: 15IUVitamin C: 0.6mgCalcium: 11mgIron: 0.3mg
This estimate was created using an online nutrition calculator
Brag About Your BBQShare it on Instagram using #GirlsCanGrill
This looks amazing. Do you serve it warm or cold? I have to take an appetizer to a cocktail party and thought this looked great. I just don’t want to serve it wrong.
Thank you for your help!
You can serve it both warm or cold. That’s one of the things that’s great about it.
Can I make it ahead of time
Sure. Just place it in the fridge and save some glaze for your final plating. It can all be served chilled.
can it be cooked without a grill?
How do you get the salmon cubes to not fall apart?
This is excellent and so easy! Tastes just like the bourbon salmon from Cheddars restaurant. Served it as an entree with rice and steamed broccoli which also went great with the sauce! Thanks for a fantastic recipe!
I don’t have a grill…do you think it would be ok cooked in a skillet or in the oven?
Yes. Either method would work great. If you cook them in a skillet, set the skillet to medium-high. Cook for 6-8 minutes, flipping halfway through. If you cook them in the oven, set the oven to 400F degrees and cook for about 10 minutes.
Can you make this w/o skin on salmon? I bought a big piece already w/o skin? Thinking if making for the Super Bowl.
Sure. That will definitely still work. Enjoy.