This post may contain affiliate links which help support Girls Can Grill.
The Good Old Classic American Hamburger
- 2 lbs ground beef, 80/20
- salt and pepper or steak seasoning
- 5 slices American cheese
- 5 hamburger buns
- Condiments of choice (ketchup, mustard, mayo, pickles, lettuce, tomato, onions)
- Shape the ground beef into 5 even patties, being careful not to handle the meat too much. Make the patties a bit larger than the circumference of the buns.
- Season both sides liberally with salt and pepper or steak seasoning. Press your thumb into the center of each patty to make an indentation.
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Place the patties on the grill and grill for 5 minutes.
- Flip. Grill for 3 more minutes. Add a slice of cheese on top of each patty (optional). Grill 1-2 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Remove to a sheet pan and let rest 5 minutes to retain the juices.
- Place the buns cut side down on the grill for about 30 seconds to toast.
- Assemble with your favorite condiments.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.