By Christie Vanover | Published September 19, 2015 | Last Updated July 11, 2022
The Good Old Classic American Hamburger
Not all burgers have to be fancy. Sometimes a weekend just calls for a classic American hamburger with traditional toppings.
- 2 lbs ground beef 80/20
- salt and pepper or steak seasoning
- 5 slices American cheese
- 5 hamburger buns
- Condiments of choice (ketchup, mustard, mayo, pickles, lettuce, tomato, onions)
- Shape the ground beef into 5 even patties, being careful not to handle the meat too much. Make the patties a bit larger than the circumference of the buns.
- Season both sides liberally with salt and pepper or steak seasoning. Press your thumb into the center of each patty to make an indentation.
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Place the patties on the grill and grill for 5 minutes.
- Flip. Grill for 3 more minutes. Add a slice of cheese on top of each patty (optional). Grill 1-2 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Remove to a sheet pan and let rest 5 minutes to retain the juices.
- Place the buns cut side down on the grill for about 30 seconds to toast.
- Assemble with your favorite condiments.
Calories: 658kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 39gFat: 44gSaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 687mgPotassium: 572mgSugar: 3gVitamin A: 200IUVitamin C: 0.6mgCalcium: 327mgIron: 5.1mg
This estimate was created using an online nutrition calculator
Brag About Your BBQShare it on Instagram using #GirlsCanGrill