Last updated April 14, 2018
This steakhouse burger is topped with an easy special sauce you’ll want to smear on everything.
This burger is indulgent. The mushrooms and sauce are infused with Saucy Mama Cracked Pepper Marinade that gives you that authentic steakhouse flavor. Fresh arugula and crispy fried onions provide added crunch.
Cracked Pepper Steakhouse Burger
This steakhouse burger is topped with an easy special sauce you'll want to smear on everything.
- 1 pint mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Saucy Mama Cracked Pepper Marinade
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 lbs Certified Angus Beef® brand ground beef 80/20
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- 5 slices Swiss cheese
- 5 hamburger buns
- canned French fried onions
- Heat the grill to high heat.
Grilled Cracked Pepper Mushrooms
- In a medium bowl, toss the mushrooms with ¼ cup Saucy Mama Cracked Pepper Marinade. Place the mushrooms on the grill and cook until tender, turning occasionally. Remove from the heat. Toss in the original bowl. When cool to the touch, slice and return to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ¼ cup Saucy Mama Cracked Pepper Marinade with 1 cup mayonnaise and ¼ cup ketchup.
- Shape the beef into 5 patties. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Using your thumb, press a dimple into the center of the burger.
- Place the burgers on the hot grill. Grill about 5 minutes. Flip. Grill 5 more minutes. Add a slice of cheese on top until melted. Remove to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Place the buns on the grill cut side down for 15-30 seconds, until toasted.
- Spread burger sauce on the top and bottom halves of the bun. Layer in this order: arugula, cheeseburger, grilled mushrooms, fried onions and the top bun.