By Christie Vanover | Published September 19, 2015 | Last Updated July 15, 2018
Each cavity is filled with its own lemony butter dipping sauce that marinades the artichoke heart while the leaves get a nice smoky char.
Grilled Artichokes: Each cavity is filled with its own lemony butter dipping sauce that marinades the artichoke heart while the leaves get a nice smoky char
- 2 artichokes
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Heat a grill to medium low. Cut the artichokes in half lengthwise and squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the four halves to prevent browning.
- Run a pairing knife along the top of the heart just below the fibers. Grab the purple leaves and pull them out, trying to pull out the fibers. Use a spoon to fully clean it.
- Rinse the artichoke to clean off all the loose fibers and squeeze the juice of the other half of the lemon over all four halves.
- Add ½ cup water to a 13 x 9 microwave-proof dish. Place the artichokes in the dish cut side down. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 7 minutes. Carefully remove from the microwave and remove the plastic wrap. The dish and steam will be very hot.
- Place the artichokes cut side up and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place cut side down on the grill. Close the grill and cook for 6 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, juice of 1 lemon and salt. Flip the artichokes and brush each twice with the lemon butter mixture. Pour the remaining lemon butter evenly into the cavities of each artichoke.
- Close the lid and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Calories: 178kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 2gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 309mgPotassium: 311mgFiber: 4gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 355IUVitamin C: 36.1mgCalcium: 46mgIron: 1.1mg
Brag About Your BBQShare it on Instagram using #GirlsCanGrill