Last updated February 9, 2019
I am addicted to Chick-Fil-A nuggets, but I love to grill, so I’ve made a copycat version of grilled Chick-Fil-A nuggets using two (no longer) secret ingredients to make them extra juicy and well seasoned.
This is one of the most viewed recipes on my website because it’s easy, healthy and oh so delicious.
The first secret ingredient in grilled Chick-Fil-A nuggets is pickle juice.
The acid in the brine makes the chicken extra juicy. I don’t recommend marinating them longer than 30 minutes though, because too much brine time can make them salty.
The second secret ingredient is powdered sugar.
Adding this to the dry rub helps create a nice crust on the nuggets and balances out the seasonings.
After the chicken brines for 30 minutes in the pickle juice and milk, you’ll rub it with the powdered sugar and other seasonings.
Then fire up the grill.
For juicy nuggets, you only need to grill them about 3 minutes per side.
This recipe includes a homemade honey mustard dipping sauce. I’m a huge fan of Suzie’s organic yellow and dijon mustard. I mix them with the mayo, honey, vinegar and salt.
If you want to reduce the calories, substitute Greek yogurt in place of the mayonnaise.
Grilled Chick-Fil-A Nuggets
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup dill pickle juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsps powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsps kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Place in a bowl with pickle juice and milk. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from marinade and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and celery salt. Sprinkle all over chicken.
- Heat grill to high. Grill chicken for 3 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Serve with honey mustard dipping sauce.
Copycat Chick-Fil-A Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
This sweet and tangy honey mustard dipping sauce goes great with grilled Chick-Fil-A nuggets.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
Combine ingredients in a small bowl and chill.