Last updated June 27, 2018
Eating healthy? You don’t have to restrict yourself to chicken. These Australian grassfed horseradish crusted filet steaks are lean and full of essential nutrients.
Cooking filet steaks to a medium-rare temp guarantees a tender bite. To test your meat temp, use a thermometer. 135 is rare. 170 is well done.
Grass-fed beef tastes slightly different from corn-fed beef. It tastes a little brighter and earthier. It’s preferred by those following the paleo diet. *Omit the sugar in this recipe if you’re eating paleo.
I always grill steaks on my Grill Grates. It elevates them from the heat and prevents flare-ups, plus it makes beautiful grill marks.
To find Australian beef near you, visit www.trueaussiebeefandlamb.com/find-a-supplier.
Grilled Horseradish Crusted Aussie Grassfed Filet Steaks
Eating healthy? You don't have to restrict yourself to chicken. These Australian grassfed horseradish crusted filet steaks are lean and full of essential nutrients.
- 4 6-8-ounce Australian grassfed beef tenderloin filet steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup horseradish fresh or prepared
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsps Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar*
- 3 tbsp salted butter softened
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Rub the filets with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In a food chopper, combine the horseradish, garlic and herbs. Pulse to coarsely chop all of the ingredients. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and sugar, and pulse to combine.
- Spread the mixture onto the edges of each filet, and let rest on the counter for 30-60 minutes.
- Heat the grill to high. Brush the grates with oil. Grill the filet steaks for 4 minutes. Rotate 1/4 turn to create grill marks. Grill 2 more minutes. Flip grill 4 more minutes for medium-rare or longer for more well done.
While the steaks are cooking, combine the butter and garlic powder. Add 1/4 of the butter onto each filet in the final minute. Let rest 10 minutes and serve.