By Christie Vanover | Published May 1, 2016 | Last Updated February 16, 2023
If you’re new to lamb, I recommend trying grilled lamb chops cut from a rib roast. The meat is tender and flavorful like ribeye with a bright, sweet finish.
To really bring out their flavor, create a flash marinade with olive oil, shallots, garlic and fresh herbs. Throw in a splash of lemon and vinegar to help balance out the fattiness of the meat. And a pop of sugar to bring it all together.
Grilled lamb chops are great for lunch or dinner, but you can also create a special brunch by serving these up with single skillet fried eggs.
Grilled Lamb Chops
- 1 rack of lamb
- 2 tbsp shallots chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Slice the rack of lamb into chops.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and spread onto both sides of the lamb chops. Let marinate for 30 minutes while the grill heats.
- Heat the grill to high. Place the chops on the grill and cook about 5 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 145F degrees. Let the meat rest about 5 minutes before serving.
This estimate was created using an online nutrition calculator
Leave A Comment