By Christie Vanover | Published January 24, 2016 | Last Updated February 16, 2023
The base for the glaze is Oregon Growers Sour Cherry Fruit Pâté. It’s The consistency of jam with sour cherries and sweet hints of almond. When you microwave it for 30 seconds, it liquefies. Stir in the soy sauce, vinegar and garlic and you’re all set.
Grill your salmon filets or darne. Darne is the type of cut pictured. It is a cross-section of the fish that includes a portion of the spine. While it makes a pretty presentation, be careful. It contains bones.
Brush the salmon with glaze and place the glazed-side directly on the heat. It will caramelize and help create these gorgeous grill marks. Repeat with the other side and drizzle on a little more glaze for that extra sheen.
Grilled Salmon with Sour Cherry Glaze
- 1/4 cup Oregon Growers Sour Cherry Fruit Pâté
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 salmon filets or darne of salmon
- salt and pepper
- Heat grill to medium-high (400-425F). Oil grates.
- Microwave Oregon Growers Sour Cherry Fruit Pâté in a small bowl for 30 seconds. Mix in soy sauce, red wine vinegar and garlic. Reserve 2 tablespoons of glaze.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the salmon.
- Brush glaze on top of salmon. Place glazed-side-down on hot grill. Brush glaze on top.
- Close cover. Grill 5 minutes. Flip.
- Grill 6-8 more minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove to platter. Drizzle with reserved glaze.
This estimate was created using an online nutrition calculator
Leave A Comment