Last updated September 20, 2015
Charred Brussels Sprouts
This charred Brussels sprouts with almonds recipe is so good it's a meal all by itself.Print
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. course ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cut the stems off of each Brussels sprout and discard. Cut the sprouts in half and place in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill to high. Then, reduce to medium-high. Place a vegetable grill basket on the grill and add in the sprouts. Close the lid. Grill for 5 minutes, opening the lid and stirring every minute.
- After 5 minutes, push all of the sprouts into a pile and pour on the balsamic vinegar and soy sauce. Stir to coat. Close the lid. Grill for 3 more minutes, stirring every minute.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the almonds and lemon juice. Leave the lid open and cook for 2 more minutes stirring often.
- Pour into a bowl and serve.