This is one of those delicious recipes that you can make with leftovers for an easy meal and quick family dinners.
What are sliders?
Sliders are simply small sandwiches. They’re called sliders, because unlike a regular sandwich or full size burger, they’re small enough to slide right into your mouth.
The term sliders is used to refer to many kinds of sandwiches. There are slider hamburgers. Sliders with fried chicken. Sliders with ham and cheese. And these pulled pork sliders.
The key to making any sandwich a slider is to use a small bun.
Below are the standard ingredients I use to make these mini pork sandwiches. Feel free to mix things up and use your own favorite toppings like creamy coleslaw or pineapple slices.
Substitutions: You can use any type of cheese, but I recommend picking one that melts well. You can also use any other type of leftover pulled meat like Smoked Shredded Beef or Smoked Pulled Turkey.
How to make pork sliders on a Ninja Grill
Start by setting your Ninja Woodfire Grill to bake. Set the temperature to 350F degrees and the time to 20 minutes. Allow it to preheat as you assemble the sliders.
- STEP ONE: Remove the buns from the packaging, but don’t separate them. Instead, use a long serrated knife to slice the entire set of buns in half horizontally. You should be left with 12 bottom buns stuck together and 12 top buns stuck together.
- STEP TWO: Place the bottom half of buns in the Ninja air crisper basket. Spread the pulled pork shoulder evenly onto the bottom buns. Sprinkle on a little BBQ rub and spoon on 1/2 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce.
- STEP THREE: On top of the sauce add diced onions. Then, add 12 pickle slices, centering them on top of each bun.
- STEP FOUR: Top with shredded Monterey jack and cheddar cheeses. Place the tops of the buns on top of the cheese.
- STEP FIVE: In a small bowl, combine melted butter and a half teaspoon of BBQ rub. Brush that on the top of the rolls.
- STEP SIX: Place the basket in the preheated Ninja Grill and bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tops are golden brown.
How to serve pulled pork sliders
Remove the sliders from the grill and place on a serving tray or cutting board.
It’s fun to let people just grab their own slider, because that way they get the ultimate cheese pull.
Pulled Pork Sliders go great with Garlic Parmesan Ranch Air Fryer French Fries or a bag of potato chips.
Side Dish Recipes
You can store these sliders in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. They can also be frozen for about a month. You can eat them cold or reheat them in the microwave for 15-30 seconds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can make pulled pork sliders in advance. Simply assemble the sliders and add the top buns. Keep them on a tray and covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
When you’re ready to serve them up, brush on the butter and bake for 15 minutes. You can make multiple batches ahead of time, so you have sliders hot and ready when you need them.
Yes. You can also cook BBQ pork sliders in a 13×9 pan in the oven set at 350F degrees. They will take about 20 minutes to bake.
Follow my recipe for Smoked Pulled Pork on a Ninja Woodfire Grill. You start with a pork shoulder and season and smoke it for almost 7 hours. Save the leftover pulled pork in the refrigerator or freezer, so you can make these sandwiches on game day or for a quick weekday meal.
More Pork Recipes
Pulled Pork Sliders on a Ninja Grill
- 12 slider rolls
- 2 cups pulled pork
- 1 tsp barbecue rub divided
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup white or sweet onion diced
- 12 pickle slices
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Heat Grill: Set the Ninja Grill to bake. Set the temperature to 350F degrees and the time to 20 minutes.
- Slice Buns: Keep the buns together and slice them in half horizontally, so you have 12 connected bun bottoms and 12 connected bun tops. Place the bottom buns in the Ninja air crisp basket.
- Layer: Spread the pork evenly over the buns. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon rub. Spoon on the sauce. Sprinkle on the onions. Add 12 pickles, centering them on each bun. Top with the cheeses and the top buns.
- Brush: In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon rub. Brush that on the top buns.
- Bake: Place the basket of sliders into the grill and bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve: Keep the sandwiches together and place them on a platter. Let people grab their own sliders, so they get a to experience a fun cheese pull.
This estimate was created using an online nutrition calculator
Leave A Comment