By Christie Vanover | Published October 10, 2015 | Last Updated February 16, 2023
As if a nearly half-pound burger patty wasn’t enough to make this burger shine, it’s topped with Gentleman Jack caramelized onions and beef bacon.
Gentleman Jack Whiskey Burger
Looking for a burger recipe to impress your man? This Gentleman Jack Whiskey Burger with beef bacon will do the trick.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion sliced
- 3 tbsp Gentlemen Jack Whiskey
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- 2 lbs Certified Angus Beef® brand ground beef 80/20
- 5 slices cheddar cheese
- 5 hamburger buns
- shredded lettuce
- 5 tomato slices
- 10 slices Certified Angus Beef® brand beef bacon cooked
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
Gentleman Jack Caramelized Onions
- Place a cast iron skillet on the grill. Heat olive oil in skillet. Add onion slices. Sauté for about 10 minutes. Add the whiskey, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce the heat to low, or move the pan to indirect heat. Continue sautéing for about 5 minutes, until caramelized. Set aside.
- Heat the grill to high.
- Shape the beef into 5 patties. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Using your thumb, press a dimple into the center of the burger.
- Place the burgers on the hot grill. Grill about 5 minutes. Flip. Grill 5 more minutes. Add a slice of cheese on top until melted. Remove to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Place the buns on the grill cut side down for 15-30 seconds, until toasted.
- Spread mayonnaise on the bottom bun. Layer in this order: shredded lettuce, tomato slice, cheeseburger, caramelized onions, beef bacon and the top bun.
Calories: 842kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 47gFat: 66gSaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 677mgPotassium: 756mgSugar: 2gVitamin A: 560IUVitamin C: 5.5mgCalcium: 239mgIron: 4.4mg
This estimate was created using an online nutrition calculator
Brag About Your BBQShare it on Instagram using #GirlsCanGrill
Leave A Comment