Last updated July 21, 2018
Finally, a grilled chicken salad recipe that isn’t boring. Crunchy greens with a pop of basil are topped with sweet barbecue chicken with gochujang honey dressing.
Disclosure: Bibigo sponsored this post. Opinions are my own.
I have one requirement for salads. It’s a simple one really. It has to knock my socks off. Hopefully, you can tell from this photo, that this salad does exactly that.
The secret is Bibigo Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce. It’s a Korean fermented red chili paste that is combined with brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and spices. I brushed it over grilled chicken that was marinated in a Korean honey garlic marinade. And I used the sauce to create a creamy gochujang honey dressing.
For the base of the salad, I needed lettuces with texture, so they can hold up to this bold chicken. That’s why I went with crunchy romaine and Napa cabbage. I tossed in some fresh basil to add a surprising herbaceous aroma. Instead of tomatoes, onions and cheese, this salad called for a soft, sweet ingredient – mango. Diced into even cubes, the mango refreshes your palate against the sweet heat of the gochujang sauce.
Find out even more ways to use Bibigo Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce.
Grilled Chicken Salad with Gochujang Honey Dressing
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 head romaine chopped
- 1/2 head napa cabbage chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 mango diced
- 2 tbsp Bibigo Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce
Honey Garlic Marinade
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Gochujang Honey Dressing
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Bibigo Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce
- 3 tsps lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt to taste
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Cut the chicken into large chunks, and place in the bowl with the marinade. Toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate.
- After the chicken has marinated, heat the grill to medium-high. Thread the chicken onto kabob skewers. Grill the chicken for 3 minutes per side. Brush with Bibigo Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce on all sides, and cook 4-5 more minutes. Remove the chicken from the grill, and set aside.
- Toss together the chopped romaine, cabbage and basil. Place in a large serving bowl. Add the diced mango. Place the chicken skewers on top. Drizzle with the Gochujang Honey Dressing.