This post may contain affiliate links which help support Girls Can Grill.
Disclosure: Bibigo sponsored this post. Opinions are my own.
I have one requirement for salads. It’s a simple one really. It has to knock my socks off. Hopefully, you can tell from this photo, that this salad does exactly that.
The secret is Bibigo Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce. It’s a Korean fermented red chili paste that is combined with brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and spices. I brushed it over grilled chicken that was marinated in a Korean honey garlic marinade. And I used the sauce to create a creamy gochujang honey dressing.
For the base of the salad, I needed lettuces with texture, so they can hold up to this bold chicken. That’s why I went with crunchy romaine and Napa cabbage. I tossed in some fresh basil to add a surprising herbaceous aroma. Instead of tomatoes, onions and cheese, this salad called for a soft, sweet ingredient – mango. Diced into even cubes, the mango refreshes your palate against the sweet heat of the gochujang sauce.
Find out even more ways to use Bibigo Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce.
Grilled Chicken Salad with Gochujang Honey Dressing
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 head romaine, chopped
- 1/2 head napa cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 mango, diced
- 2 tbsp Bibigo Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce
Honey Garlic Marinade
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Gochujang Honey Dressing
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Bibigo Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce
- 3 tsps lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt to taste
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Cut the chicken into large chunks, and place in the bowl with the marinade. Toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate.
- After the chicken has marinated, heat the grill to medium-high. Thread the chicken onto kabob skewers. Grill the chicken for 3 minutes per side. Brush with Bibigo Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce on all sides, and cook 4-5 more minutes. Remove the chicken from the grill, and set aside.
- Toss together the chopped romaine, cabbage and basil. Place in a large serving bowl. Add the diced mango. Place the chicken skewers on top. Drizzle with the Gochujang Honey Dressing.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.