By Christie Vanover | Published September 21, 2015 | Last Updated February 16, 2023
Grilled Wild Rice Kale Salad
With fresh kale, creamy goat cheese and spicy harissa walnuts, this Grilled Wild Rice Kale Salad has multiple levels of flavors and textures, and it’s all made on the grill.
Grilled Wild Rice
- 21 oz jar Royal Blend wild rice
- 3 14.5-ounce cans chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 3/4 cup harissa walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped steamed beets
- 1 green onion diced
- 1/2 cup Dole chopped dates
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp harissa
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp dark brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
Grilled Wild Rice
- Place the rice and chicken stock in a cast iron pot with a lid. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on a 450-degree grill over indirect heat for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in kale, goat cheese, walnuts, beets, onions and dates. Add vinaigrette to taste. Serve warm.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg white, harissa seasoning and sugar. Fold in the walnuts. Pour onto a parchment lined sheet pan in a single layer. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes. Toss. Bake 10 more minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients.
This recipe creates a massive side dish that can serve up to 20 people. If you’re feeding a smaller group, you can scale down the ingredients.
Calories: 290kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 8gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 132mgPotassium: 234mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 475IUVitamin C: 4.6mgCalcium: 39mgIron: 1.2mg
This estimate was created using an online nutrition calculator
Brag About Your BBQShare it on Instagram using #GirlsCanGrill
Leave A Comment