By Christie Vanover | Published May 6, 2018 | Last Updated February 16, 2023
Nothing says summer like margaritas by the pool. There’s something about the combination of tequila and citrus that just takes you to paradise. Adding a kick of infused jalapeno makes the party even better.
How do you pull that party off? Just add smoked jalapeno simple syrup. You can control the intensity of the heat by adjusting the number of jalapeno slices you add to the simple syrup. Or go balls to the wall and use hotter peppers like habanero or serrano.
Don’t forget to salt that rim. Just pour some kosher salt onto a plate. Rub the edge of the glass with the lime wedge, and dip the rim into the salt.
Smoked Mint Julep
Smoked Tom Collins
- 2 tbsp smoked jalapeno simple syrup
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp orange liqueur
- lime wedge
- kosher salt
- jalapeno slice
- Make a batch of smoked simple syrup and steep in a mason jar with jalapeno slices.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the simple syrup, tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur and ice. Shake.
- Rub a lime wedge around the rim of a glass. Place kosher salt on a plate. Roll the rim of the glass into the salt. Fill the glass with ice.
- Strain the margarita from the shaker into the prepared glass. Garnish with the lime wedge and jalapeno.
This estimate was created using an online nutrition calculator
Best margarita I’ve ever had (and I’ve had a few)! I couldn’t smell the smoke but the flavor was spot on.