This post may contain affiliate links which help support Girls Can Grill.
Almost every vegetable I grill gets tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper. These carrots are no different. They’re seasoned and grilled over direct heat to get a nice caramelized char.
While the carrots are grilling, whip up this incredible sauce. It will take your carrots from great to chef-quality. It’s made in a matter of minutes with garlic, maple syrup and orange juice and zest. I also add red pepper flakes for a touch of heat. Adjust the amount to your heat tolerance.
Once the carrots begin to soften, remove them from the grill. Add them to a platter and drizzle with the orange-maple glaze. For a pretty presentation, garnish with fresh herbs and sliced almonds. I like to use parsley because it resembles the tops of the carrots, but other herbs like sage and rosemary will be wonderful, too.
Glazed Grilled Carrots with Orange-Maple Glaze
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh herbs
- sliced almonds
- Peel the carrots, and remove the stems. Toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium-high heat (375-400F degrees) for 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until slightly tender.
- While the carrots are grilling, heat olive oil in a saucepot over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in the syrup, orange juice and orange zest. Cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Place the grilled carrots on a platter. Drizzle with glaze. Garnish with fresh herbs and toasted almonds.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.